SENIOR TEXTILE DESIGNER
COMPANY: MAJOR SUPPLIER TO MAJOR BRANDS NATIONWIDE – such as Harlequin and Prestigious etc.
The name of the Company will be revealed on invite to 2nd interview.
We have a client who are looking for an experienced Senior Textile Designer to join their dynamic design team of six people who work closely with their Mills in China and India. The role will involve working closely with their Mills and their clients to create, develop and finalize new collections with the top home furnishing brands in the UK and Ireland.
- You will be based at our Design Studio, Offices and Showroom near Watford, Hertfordshire.
- Your responsibilities will include product design creation, market research and colour trend forecasting for the furnishing fabric sector.
- You will be joining a dynamic design team of six people who work closely with our Mills in China and India.
- The role will involve working closely with our Mills and their clients to create, develop and finalize new collections with the top home furnishing brands in the UK and Ireland.
- The position will require you to travel occasionally overseas to attend Trade Shows in Germany, Italy and beyond, as well as regularly travelling to the Mills main design studios in Mumbai.
- You will be assisting our clients from the inception of the design through to its final selection.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Excellent drawing skills
- Good Computer skills including AVA, Photoshop and Microsoft Office.
- Be organized and capable of meeting strict deadlines.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, together with a strong personality to help maintain and strengthen relationships with our clients and suppliers.
- BA, BSC or MA Graduate – specialist in weave, print, embroidery or surface pattern.
- Minimum 4 years design work experience.
- Full UK Driving Licence preferred.
START DATE AND SALARY
- Start Date – Immediate
- Salary circa £25k – £28k dependent on skills and experience
First interviews (if you have not been interviewed by Diane already) will be conducted in Milton Keynes over the next few WEEKS.
NB If you have already been interviewed by Diane Harding and there have been no required changes to your portfolio since – all you need to do is let us know that you would like to be considered for the 2nd interview.
Then a shortlist of 4-6 Designers will be required to attend a second interview with the client
If you would like an interview for this position – please contact Cherish by email: email@example.com.
We will require your CV and photos of your best work – emailed before an interview can be arranged.
If you are not interested in this position, please pass it on to someone who might be.