Place of work: Kirkcaldy, Scotland
39 hours a week. Monday to Thursday – 7.30am-4.30pm with half hour unpaid lunch break & 10 minute tea break. Friday – 7.30am-12.30pm.
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
Start Date: ASAP
Peter Greig & Co Ltd are bespoke weavers specialising in linen and natural fibres. The company was established in 1825 and continues to weave cloth for the Furnishing, Industrial and Apparel markets from the original site in Kirkcaldy. They weave Plains, Semi-Plains and Dobby designs, colour woven linens and linen unions. These are produced by their Designers who also work alongside their Customers to produce fabrics that meet their specifications for performance and Colour. The company prides itself on its quality, service and design and its long history of traditional weaving in Scotland.
Outline of job:
- Ensure that looms are kept in peak working condition
- Ensure that loom downtime is kept to a minimum through the efficient management of job changes
- Ensure that weaving machines as operating machines are operating at optimum speed & efficiency, with active involvement in improving warp/weft break efficiency. This includes the fine tuning of the loom and its constituent parts
- Assist the company in maintaining its reputation as a weaver of high quality woven fabrics by ensuring that the production of second quality goods is kept to a minimum
- Assist in the maintenance of a safe working environment through the strict adherence to company health and safety rules & procedures.
Education/ experience requirements:
Prior experience as a loom tuner on Dornier and/or Picanol looms is a must.
Most important skills:
The successful candidate:
- Will possess good communication & literacy skills
- Must have an excellent timekeeping & attendance record
- Must be able to work well in a small team
- Must gave the capacity to recognise & distinguish between different colours
- Must have fantastic attention to detail & a hard working attitude