VACANCY: MANAGING DIRECTOR
TYPE: FULL TIME (Permanent)
AREA: CHORLEY LANCS
SALARY: Salary, Bonus + Benefits Negotiable dependent on Experience
We have been appointed by the owners of this well-known furnishing fabrics brand to assist in sourcing a new ambitious and sales driven Managing Director for this exciting and creative company asap.
The ideal candidate for this role will already be a Director of a company and have many years experience in furnishing fabrics with a proven record of growing sales and profit for the companies they have worked for. He/She will build and inspire the management team to develop this current 7 figure turnover company into the 8 figure company it should be – reporting directly to the Major Shareholders / Directors.
The company has recently received a healthy injection of new investment and the owners are now looking for a true leader to work with their team to create new business and take the business to the next level.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Managing Director we are searching for:
- Conduct an objective review of the business to execute a strategic business plan designed to optimise performance through operational efficiency and commercial growth.
- Commitment to improve all areas of the business from the ground floor up.
- Ambition and focus to build the business with current customers and to create new business in the UK and abroad.
- Lead, create and develop a strong team for all aspects of the business
- Revise and prepare the company’s future mission and objectives for the next 5 years.
- Provide strategic guidance and direction to the management team to ensure the mission and company objectives are achieved – leading from the front and by example.
- Full responsibility for the performance of the company – delivering the required levels of profitability.
- The successful implementation of the company’s vision, developing strategic plans, and implementing company policies.
- Budgeting and Forecasting Prepare, gain acceptance and monitor the implementation of the annual budget to ensure that budget targets are met, that revenue flows are maximised and that fixed costs are minimised;
- Prepare the annual business plan and monitor progress against these plans to ensure that the company attains its objectives as cost-effectively and efficiently as possible;
- Relationships Establish and maintain effective formal and informal links with major customers, key decision-makers and other stakeholders generally, to exchange information and views and to ensure that the company is providing the appropriate range and quality of services;
- Marketing Develop and maintain an effective marketing and public relations strategy to promote the products, services and image of the company both in the UK and Internationally.
- Continuous Improvements Develop and maintain Total Quality Management and a continuous improvement ethos throughout the company to ensure that the best possible products and services are provided to customers;
- Operations Develop and direct the implementation of policies and procedures to ensure that the company complies with all health and safety and other statutory regulations.
- Maintain and develop organisational culture, values and reputation in its markets and with all staff, customers and suppliers.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the current market, trends and commercial opportunities that the business could exploit and determine the optimal commercial strategy to maximise profit growth.
Skills and Attributes
- Have examples and evidence of relevant and successful leadership
- Have a strong and relevant knowledge of the interior textiles industry.
- Hold an entrepreneurial disposition with the drive and determination to succeed.
- Previous experience of running a company would be highly advantageous
- Be motivated and hardworking to ensure a positive change.
- Be a Creative thinker – new ideas – new processes – change management.
- Have a strong commitment to the development of the company’s collections and services to ensure we are ahead of our competitors.
- Have exceptional people management and communication skills.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Ideally Graduate level with a higher degree in a management discipline or a professional qualification such as an MBA
- A proven record of success in senior level general, sales or commercial management, and/or finance preferably within a change management environment;
- Demonstrable senior level experience in the leadership and management of people and resources;
- An excellent understanding of finance, analytical and problem-solving skills;
- A high level of commercial awareness;
If this sounds like the perfect role for you – then please get in touch asap. If you have the CV we are looking for further details of the company will be provided.