Junior Textile Designer Required – Hertfordshire
COMPANY: MAJOR SUPPLIER TO MAJOR BRANDS NATIONWIDE – such as Harlequin and Prestigious etc.
The name of the Company will be revealed on invite to 2nd interview.
A fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic Textile Designer to join a very well-established and successful Textile Design Business in Hertfordshire. You will work as part of our Design Team and will be based in our Design Studio, Office and Showroom in Hertfordshire, with the opportunity to travel to our Mills in China and India, together with representing our Company at various Textile Trade Fairs in Europe and beyond. You will also have the opportunity to visit with our Clients in the UK and Ireland to discuss product developments.
- Work closely with our Mills and our Clients to create, develop and finalize new textile collections with the top home furnishing brands in the UK and Ireland
- Market research and colour trend forecasting for the furnishing fabric sector
- Create Mood boards specific to client requirements and trends for presentation to Management and Clients
- Represent our Company on our Suppliers’ Stands at Trade Shows in Europe and beyond, Meet with our clients to discuss and interpret their requirements and give feedback to Management
- Assist with the inception of the design through to its final selection
- Visit the Mills we represent in China and India to discuss current and future developments
- Confirm Product specific requirements with the client via email and follow up on any changes/alterations to the product with both the Supplier and the Client
- Work with Critical Path on Design Development, arrange and send samples for approval and set and work towards target dates and deadlines
- Be aware that 60% of your work will be creative design and 40% will be admin / communication
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Excellent artistic and creative skills, hand drawing and CAD skills required. Proficiency in Photoshop and AVA is preferable
- Be organized and capable of meeting strict deadlines
- A strong personality and confidence to help communicate, understand, maintain and strengthen relationships with our clients and suppliers
- Communicate and work efficiently within a Team environment
- Strong administration skills along with clear and effective communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Be able to give and receive constructive feedback
- BA, BSC or MA Graduate – specialist in weave, print, embroidery or surface pattern
- Driven, ambitious and with a passion for textiles, trends and fashion.
START DATE AND SALARY
- Start Date – Ideally available for an immediate start but within 1 month of job offer
- Salary dependent on skills and experience
- Company Pension Scheme
- Lunch and parking provided
For a first interview please email your CV and digital portfolio to email@example.com and if you do not get a response within 48hrs send a Whats App text to 07912 379739 to inform Diane that you have applied. I respond to all applications. If you have already been interviewed by Diane Harding please state this when applying – send an updated CV and portfolio please.