Place of work: Kirkcaldy, Scotland
Working hours: 39 hours a week. Flexible hours – Between 7.30am-7pm Monday – Friday with a choice of half hour or full hour lunch break.
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
Start Date: ASAP
Peter Greig & Co Ltd are bespoke weavers specialising in linen and natural fibres. The company was established in 1825 and continues to weave cloth for the Furnishing, Industrial and Apparel markets from the original site in Kirkcaldy. They weave Plains, Semi-Plains and Dobby designs, colour woven linens and linen unions. These are produced by their Designers who also work alongside their Customers to produce fabrics that meet their specifications for performance and Colour. The company prides itself on its quality, service and design and its long history of traditional weaving in Scotland.
Outline of job:
We are looking for a Production Planner/Manager who will join our production team in our busy weaving mill in Kirkcaldy with the opportunity to advance in the company for the right person. This role involves all aspects of production planning & problem solving.
Education/ experience requirements:
Experience in Textiles is an advantage, although not essential as training will be given.
Most important skills:
The successful candidate:
- Must be a self-starting problem solver with lots of initiative and a can do attitude
- Have an excellent timekeeping & attendance record
- Have good logic & reasoning skills
- Must be hardworking, flexible & have excellent attention to detail
- Must have good communication, motivational skills & work well as part of a team