Textile Designer & Colour Separation Artist
Salary: Up to £28k dependent on experience
Paid Overtime (by arrangement)
Contributory pension scheme
Job title: Textile Designer and Colour Separation Artist
Reporting to: Senior Textile Designer and Colour Separation Artist
Job Role • Scan originals and prepare artwork and separations according to customer’s brief – this could include developing designs from historic documents or fabric samples.
• Liaise with customers directing them on what is needed to produce artwork to approved standard or do it for them if costs agreed.
• Alter designs to fit correct repeat size.
• Advise customers on practical and cost effective print production.
• Dealing with customer enquiries; taking design briefs; preparing quotations; arranging meetings etc.
• Checking digital files for print readiness.
• Advise digital production coordinator of new customers’ colour match requirements.
• Outputting films for flat screen printing and check films for repeat.
• Ordering rotary screens from external supplier.
• Schedule screen engraving and liaise with production for priority.
• Liaise with relevant departments for other production requirements or to arrange any screen remakes and sampling.
• Be on hand for any sampling queries and support customers as needed.
• Supporting customers on site as needed.
• Completing any paperwork and administrative tasks relevant to the role.
• Ordering stocks/supplies for studio and screen making as required.
• Keep studio area clean and tidy.
• Supporting other departments as needed to ensure customer needs are met.
• Additional hours may be required according to business demands by arrangement.
• Carry out any other role as reasonably required by the company.
Job holder profile: Qualifications and experience
• Essential: relevant professional qualification, ie. BA in Design Textiles.
• Essential: knowledge and experience of computer aided design.
Essential: knowledge of screen printing
Essential: Ability and experience in colour separation.
• Essential: customer service experience.
• Preferred: experience of managing design/artwork projects and liaising with customers.
• Preferred: knowledge of AVA however training will be given if needed.
Job holder profile: Competencies
• Excellent drawing and CAD skills
• Love of interior designs and textiles.
• Excellent customer service skills
• Good organisational skills.
• Ability to work alone and as part of a team.
• Ability to focus on work and manage own time efficiently.
• Ability to handle multiple projects within time limited deadlines.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills both internally and externally.
Job location: Near Uxbridge Greater London
Working hours: 8.00am to 4.00pm Monday to Friday. 30 minutes for lunch. Paid Overtime by arrangement.
Annual leave: 28 days including bank holidays
Interested in this position? Please email your CV and portfolio to Diane.Harding@norfolkhouse-uk.com and send a whatsapp message to 07912 379739 to inform Diane that you have emailed her – so she can check and respond within 24 hrs (note not all emails reach her). If you have already been interviewed by Diane please let her know.
First interviews will be carried out by video link – if successful 2nd interviews will take place with the employer either via video link or face to face shortly after your first interview.
For more information about the help Norfolk House can give you and to see other roles – please contact email@example.com