TEXTILE / SURFACE PATTERN DESIGNER WANTED IN MUMBAI, INDIA
Dear Experienced Surface Pattern / Textile Designer
We have a client based in Mumbai, India – one of the Top Furnishing Fabric Mills in the World supplying major brands in the UK such as Prestigious, Clarke & Clarke, SMD, Harlequin, Fryetts and John Lewis – who is offering 2 UK designers the opportunity of a 12 Months contract to work in the Design Studio at his mill from January 2018 – this requirecan be extended as many designers do – if you like the work and they like you.
Over the last 15+ years I have sent many graduates to India – so you can talk to them about their experiences before you decide to take the job. Many of them have returned to the UK and with this experience on their CV have found excellent design jobs within the industry for example with Romo, Prestigious & Harlequin.
All that is required is that you have a degree in Surface Pattern, Weave, Embroidery or Print design with excellent drawing skills and a few years design work experience.
Interviews will take place ASAP
Some more info:
- The mill produces 1.25 million metres per month
- The mill has capabilities to make drapery plains & jacquard, upholstery plains & jacquards, sheer, embroidery, digital print, woven velvet dobby / jacquard & knitted velvet.
- Exhibit at Heimtex Frankfurt, Proposte Italy, Intertextile Shanghai and Mood Brussels.
- They currently have 20 designers (who all speak excellent English) specializing in jacquard/plain drapery, embroidery & upholstery.
- They have had various UK designers working at the mill – and you will be able to email and converse with them before you accept the job.
- They use the Sophis, Corel Draw, Photo Shop CAD SYSTEM – 20 design computers Happy for you to use photoshop or illustrator
- The company will arrange and pay for all your travelling expenses including the return flights along with the Visa and Insurance.
- You will work with the other UK designer and travel out together – so you have some company
- You will stay in a 3-bedroomed high-quality apartment with lounge, dining room and kitchen. You will have your own bedroom. The apartment complex also has a gym and swimming pool facility. This is all paid for by the company.
- You will be paid £900 – £1000 per month – if you have 2-4 years’ experience – which will give you a very comfortable living in India as the only thing you have to pay for is food.
- If you have more than 4 years design experience you could earn as much as £1400- £1600 per month.
- You will work 6 days a week Monday – Friday (0930am – 0630pm) & Saturdays (0930 am – 0330 pm) with half hour lunch break plus two tea breaks ** sometimes when leading up to an exhibition you will be expected to work late into the evening to hit deadlines.
- You will have 1 Saturday off a month.
- 8 paid festival day holidays per year and in addition 7 casual / holidays or sick days are allowed during that 12 months period.
- You will receive 20 days paid holiday dates to be agreed.
- The company will pay for one return flight to the UK – so you can spend your holiday in the UK if you wish – alternatively travel around India and experience the true beauty of this country.
- Design Development – create artworks and guide our in-house artists by giving ideas for creation.
- Colour Development – based on current themes, trends and forecasts
- Product Grouping – combine plains, textures, drapery designs, upholstery designs, embroidery, sheers, prints in one book based on a variety of colour schemes.
- Select from our existing archive or develop new designs which will fit the collection.
- Product Presentation – guide photo shoots, showroom presentation, preparing product catalogues, brochure development including script, promotional text.
Interested? Email email@example.com your CV with pics of your best work including drawings and paintings (especially florals) asap! Or if you have already been interviewed by me let me know you would like a 2nd interview. Thank you.