TEXTILE / SURFACE PATTERN DESIGNER WANTED IN HANGZOU
We have a client based in Haining (Near Hangzou), China – supplying to many major brands including Marks & Spencer’s, and John Lewis – who is offering 2 UK designers the opportunity of a 1 year contract to work in the Design Studio at their mill from February 2019 – this can be extended as many designers do – if you like the work and they like you.
Over the last 12+ years we have sent many graduates & experienced designers abroad – so you can talk to them about their experiences before you decide to take the job. Many of them have returned to the UK and with this experience on their CV have found excellent design jobs within the industry for example for Romo, Prestigious, Zoffany, Next & Harlequin.
All that is required is that you have a degree in Surface Pattern, Weave, Embroidery or Print design with excellent drawing skills.
First interviews (if not interviewed by Diane before) will take place on Wednesday 2nd January 2019 & Thursday the 3rd January 2019
The shortlisted candidates will be interviewed by my client on Saturday 5th January 2019 the chosen 1 or 2 designers will travel out to China to join the design team at the mill in February – at a time that is convenient for all parties.
Some more info:
- The mill has been established for 20 years.
The mill produces millions of metres per month.
- The designers will be creating designs and colours for chenille, velvet, jacquards, prints and embossed furnishing fabrics.
- They currently have about 200 employees – the management speak excellent English and the current design team speak a bit of English.
- You will be working on design, colour and customer projects.
- The company will arrange and pay for all your travelling expenses including the return flights along with the Visa and Insurance.
- You will stay in a reasonable standard apartment with dining, kitchen, lounge facilities. This is all paid for by the company.
- If you havea few years’ experience working with Furnishing Fabric Companies your salary can be up to £2,000 per month with a bonus for sales achieved by the company in addition to the company paying for your apartment.
- However, if you area new graduate you will be paid up to £1,000 per month – in addition to the company paying for your apartment – which will give you a very comfortable living.
- Working hours are 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday with 1 hr break (8hrs a day / 5 days a week).
- You will receive 40 days holiday a year (20 for Chinese New Year and 15 days of their choice plus 5 more National days).
- The company will pay for additional return flight to the UK – so you can spend your holiday in the UK if you wish.
- There will be a 3-month probation period – where if they are not satisfied with your performance, they can end the contract and fly you home.
Interested? If Diane Harding has not interviewed you before please email email@example.com . We require a CV with pictures of your best work including drawings and paintings (especially florals) ASAP!
If Diane has interviewed you before we will still have your details on file. Please email the above email address to let us know that you would like us to consider you. Thank you.