UK Experienced Textile Technologist or Designer Wanted
If you consider yourself to be an expert in the construction of interior textiles and you have a few years’ experience as a technologist or designer or buyer of interior textiles with a thorough understanding of the technical side of interior textiles i.e. warp weft constructions and specifications etc and you love the idea of working abroad and enjoying sunshine every day, making new friends and you want to work for an exciting world-renowned brand …then this job could be perfect for you.
I have a client based in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia – the Top Furnishing Fabric Supplier in the Middle East (with a growing business throughout the rest of the World). The contract is for a minimum of 1 year – but you will return to your home country for 1-week unpaid holiday every 3 months. You will join a team of 4 English designers and the rest of the buying and quality control team who all speak perfect English.
This 1-year contract can be extended – if you like the work and they like you. This position is for an experienced and qualified textile technologist buyer or designer who really understands about textile construction and what causes flaws and how to correct them.
Over the last 15 years we have sent many designers abroad to work – so you can talk to them about their experiences before you decide to take the job. Many of them have returned to the UK and with this experience on their CV have found excellent design jobs within the industry for example Romo, GP & J Baker, Prestigious, Next, Ashley Wilde & Harlequin.
All that is required is that you have a degree in Textile Science or Technical or Woven Textiles
First interviews will take place with Diane (if you have not been interviewed by her already) over the next few weeks.
Some more info
- You will be assisting in analysing qualities and ensuring we are purchasing the right fabrics and instructing mills what needs to be done to alter a fabric to meet the required specs.
- You will be assisting in creating interior textile collections working on design and colour with various mills from around the world.
- The company will arrange and pay for all your travelling expenses including the return flights to your home country along with the Visa and Insurance.
- You will have your own room in a large high-quality house based in an ex pat compound with dining, kitchen, lounge facilities living with other designers from the UK. In the ex-pat compound you can use the gym and pool and wear normal Western clothes (as a Western woman you do not need to wear a headscarf at any time ..only an Abaya in public and at work) There is also a private beach nearby where you can swim and sunbathe without issue. This accommodation is all paid for by the company.
- Your salary will be between £2000 – £4000 per month dependent on experience– which will give you a very comfortable living in Jeddah – considering your accommodation is all paid for.
- You will work 5.5 days a week Saturday (3pm – 7pm) Sunday – Thursday (9am – 7pm with a 60 mins break). Long hours but you will soon get used to it and I can promise the work will be exceptionally creative and satisfying – the time fly’s!
- You will receive 1 full Saturday off every month as holiday (so you can go away for the weekend i.e. Friday and Saturday) as well as any Saudi religious holidays.
- You will receive 1-week unpaid holiday to your home country with return flight paid for – approximately every 3 months (dates decided by the company) plus 15 days of your choice paid holiday a year (plus up to £1000 contribution towards any extra holiday flights) which you can tag on to the weeks holiday every 3 months or take separately.
- The company will pay for the return flight at the start and end of your contract as well as the return flight to the UK approx. every 3 months along with Visa and Health & Travel Insurance.
Interested? If I have not interviewed, you before please email me your CV – and if a designer, photos of your best work including design co-ordinates, trend boards and colourways asap! Thank you.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract