Textile / Surface Pattern Designer Wanted – Near Watford
COMPANY: MAJOR SUPPLIER TO MAJOR BRANDS NATIONWIDE – such as Harlequin and Prestigious etc.
The name of the company will be revealed on invite to 2nd interview.
- Start Date ASAP – March/April at the latest.
- Salary Starting at £22k (plus annual bonus of £3-5k & Pension) dependent on experience ideal for a new designer.
- Required BA, BSC or MA graduate – specialist in weave, print, embroidery or surface pattern
- Candidates should have excellent communication skills.
- The job will be 40% design work & 60% administration work
- will be willing to travel nationwide (must have a driving licence – you will be using the pool car) as well as worldwide when required. Expected to be in China 2 to 3 times a year for a week at a time plus visits to Export Trade Shows such as Heimtex.
- Should be willing to relocate –ideally to within 10 miles but max 25 miles of offices located in Borehamwood, Hertfordshire (within close proximity to London), if not already living within the area.
- Will be responsible for market research, design and colour trend forecasting, design development mill management along with own design development for furnishing fabrics only.
- Candidates will be required to work closely with the design managers of many top furnishing brands nationwide and mills worldwide. You will have your own clients.
- You should have excellent drawing skills as well as good computer skills and be organised and capable of meeting deadlines.
- You will be joining an established team of designers.
First interviews (if you have not been interviewed by me already) will be conducted in Milton Keynes over the next few WEEKS.
NB If you have already been interviewed by Diane Harding and there have been no required changes to your portfolio since – all you need to do is let us know that you would like to be considered for the 2nd interview.
Then a shortlist of 4-6 favourite designers will be required to attend a second interview near Watford asap.
If you would like an interview for this position – please contact Cherish by E mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will require your CV and photos of your best work –emailed before an interview can be arranged.
If you are not interested in this position, please pass it on to someone who might be.