Experienced Textile / Surface Pattern Designer Wanted – Near Watford
COMPANY: MAJOR SUPPLIER TO MAJOR BRANDS NATIONWIDE – such as Harlequin and Prestigious etc.
The name of the Company will be revealed on invite to 2nd interview.
- Start Date: – Immediate
- Salary Starting: – £25k dependant on skills and experience
- Experience required: – 2/3 years design work experience.
- Education: – BA, BSC or MA graduate – specialist in weave, print, embroidery or surface pattern.
- Driving Licence: – Full UK Driving Licence preferred
- Candidate should have excellent drawing skills as well as good computer skills (AVA skills preferred and Microsoft Office) and be organised and capable of meeting deadlines.
- Candidate should have excellent communication skills.
- The position will be 50% design work & 50% administration work.
- Candidate will be required to travel Nationwide as well as Worldwide on occasions. You will be required to visit China 2 to 3 times a year for approximately a week at a time, plus visits to Export Trade Shows such as Heimtex.
- Candidate must be willing to relocate –ideally to within 10 miles of offices located near Watford (within close proximity to London), if not already living within the area.
- Candidate will be responsible for product design creation, market research and design and colour trend forecasting for furnishing fabrics only.
- Candidate will be required to work closely with the Design Managers of many top furnishing brands Nationwide and Mills Worldwide.
- You will be joining an established team of Designers.
First interviews (if you have not been interviewed by me already) will be conducted in Milton Keynes over the next few WEEKS.
NB If you have already been interviewed by Diane Harding and there have been no required changes to your portfolio since – all you need to do is let us know that you would like to be considered for the 2nd interview.
Then a shortlist of 4-6 Designers will be required to attend a second interview with the client
If you would like an interview for this position – please contact Cherish by email: email@example.com.
We will require your CV and photos of your best work – emailed before an interview can be arranged.
If you are not interested in this position, please pass it on to someone who might be.