COMPANY: MAJOR SUPPLIER of cushions, bedlinen, kitchen textiles & towels TO MAJOR HIGH STREET RETAILERS such as TK Maxx, Garden Centres, Cotton Traders and Mail Order companies
The name of the Company will be revealed on invite to 2nd interview.
We have a client (High Growth Company with sales of £40M+) who is looking for an experienced Textile / Surface Pattern / Textile Accessories Designer to join their small but exceptionally busy Northern Team. The role is fast paced and requires excellent communication / presentation skills to customers and internal management. You will have 3-4 years experience designing bedlinen, kitchen textiles, cushions, towels and/or accessories. You will be involved with working closely with overseas suppliers and their clients to create, develop and finalize new collections at all levels of the market from mass to bespoke.
- You will be based at our Design Studio, Offices and Showroom currently in Leeds but will be moving to a new state of the art building in South Sheffield (just off M1) within 12 months.
- Your responsibilities will include SURFACE PATTERN DESIGN to briefs (including altering artwork and putting designs into repeat) product design inc cushions, throws, bedlinen & kitchen textiles.
- You must have excellent design and colour trend research abilities and understanding.
- You will be making numerous presentations to customers and management (face to face and via zoom) so you must be confident and eloquent.
- You will have experience of colour matching / fenting and giving instructions to mills, manufacturers and suppliers.
- You will be joining a small but growing Northern team of 5 -but you will be the only designer in the team (communicating with the larger Southern Design Team) reporting to the Business Development Director and working closely with the National Account Manager .
- The role is fast paced so you must be used to working to strict deadlines and be very organized with excellent time management skills.
- You will be required to travel to Heimtex, UK Shows and to customers – so a full driving licence is imperative. Other overseas travel will come once you have gained the relevant UK experience of the company.
- 60/70% of your work will be design and 30/40% admin, travel and communication.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- 3-4 years textile / product design work experience
- A BA (Hons) in textile design/print or surface pattern.
- Excellent drawing & colouration skills
- Excellent Computer & CAD skills in Photoshop/ Illustrator and Microsoft Office etc.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, together with a strong personality to help maintain and strengthen relationships with our internal management, clients and suppliers.
- Superb time management and organizational skills.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
WORKING HOURS, START DATE AND SALARY
- Working Hours – 8am to 5pm Monday to Friday
- Start Date – Immediate
- Salary £29k dependent on skills and experience plus healthcare
For a first interview please email your CV and digital portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org and if you do not get a response within 48hrs send a whatsapp text to 07912 379739 to inform Diane that you have applied. Diane responds to all applications. If you have already been interviewed by Diane Harding please state this when applying – send an updated CV and portfolio please.